Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Paul Weston and His Orchestra The Sweet and The Swingin' [1960]


Capitol Records ST 1361

From Billboard April 18, 1960:
"Maestro Weston takes a group of familiar tunes and scores them in relaxing fashion for the orchestra.  Then he superimposes a male vocal  group in a set of interesting vocal counter melodies.  The idea is similar to a style once used by the band of the late Tommy Dorsey on such items as "Marie," and "East of the Sun."  This is a refreshing way of handling the tunes which should find favor with some jocks."

Tracklist:
01 The Thrill is Gone
02 I Love You
03 Time On My Hands (You In My Arms)
04 I'll See You in My Dreams
05 Lies
06 Dream
07 Blue Moon
08 Bye Bye Blues
09 Linger Awhile
10 All By Myself
11 Sometimes I'm Happy
12 Street of Dreams

2 comments:

  1. Ah, wonderful! I've never seen this record in my life before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Candyman! My very first comment! I shall send you something special via your email. :D

    ReplyDelete