Thursday, August 22, 2019

Henry Jerome and His Orchestra Brazen Brass Plays Songs Everybody Knows [1961]


Decca ‎Records DL 74106 

"Henry Jerome, who is getting to be known as Decca's answer to Enoch Light, takes his "Brazen Brass" on a trip through familiar standards here.  And a fine trip it is with the old songs played in swinging, percussive style.  The arrangements are bright, the brass is divided between open and muted sections and all in all it's a sound bug's delight."  [Billboard]


Tracklist:
01 Alexander's Ragtime Band
02 You Were Meant For Me
03 Medley: I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) / I Don't Know Why (I Just Do)
04 I Can't Give You Anything But Love
05 Medley: Peg O' My Heart / The Gang That Sang "Heart of My Heart"
06 Margie
07 Near You
08 On The Sunny Side of The Street
09 Somebody Stole My Gal
10 Medley: I'm In The Mood For Love / My Blue Heaven
11 The Darktown Strutters' Ball
12 Medley: I'll See You In My Dreams / Goodnight Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment