Friday, February 24, 2023

Roger Williams • Songs of The Fabulous Fifties [Double LP] [1957] Kapp Records KX-5000-S

 



1950s Music:
"Elvis Presley. Sam Cooke. Chuck Berry. Fats Domino. Buddy Holly. The 1950s saw the emergence of Rock ‘n’ Roll, and the new sound swept the nation. It helped inspire rockabilly music from Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash. People swayed to The Platters and The Drifters. Music marketing, changed, too: For the first time, music began to target youth."

Yes, I loved the rock and roll artists, yet I never lost my love for the one and only Roger Williams!  ~Gipsy Dancer~  💖

Tracklist:
Record 1:
01 Blue Tango  
02 Vaya Con Dios 
03 High Noon 
04 Too Young
05 Because Of You 
06 Song From Moulin Rouge
07 Mister Sandman 
08 Wish You Were Here
09 Mona Lisa
10 Goodnight Irene
11 Secret Love  
12 Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing

Record 2: 
01 Moonglow, Theme From Picnic
02 Unchained Melody
03 Tennessee Waltz
04 Hey There
05 April In Portugal
06 My Heart Cries For You
07 True Love
08 La Vie en Rose
09 Three Coins In The Fountain
10 Young At Heart
11 I Believe
12 Autumn Leaves

4 comments:

  1. June, a link would be very welcome. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, my pleasure! I've sent a link to your email. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. Both Roger Williams albums sound magnificent. Thanks so much, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, that was such a welcome comment as I rarely hear if my efforts have been successful. Thank you and lots of hugs to you! :D

    ReplyDelete