Friday, February 24, 2023

Roger Williams • Songs of The Fabulous Forties [Double LP] [1957] Kapp Records KXL-5003


 



1940s Music:
The music my parents listened to - big band swing and crooners!  Swingin' big bands! Harry James. Glenn Miller. Tommy Dorsey. Artie Shaw. And the crooners! Bing Crosby. Frank Sinatra. Perry Como.

I was born in that decade and was much too young to appreciate the music. I learned many years later to really love it - still do!  Listening to Roger play the songs of that era brings back a host of warm memories. ~Gipsy Dancer~  💟

Tracklist:
Record 1:
01 Holiday For Strings
02 Sunday, Monday, Or Always
03 Don't Fence Me In
04 To Each His Own
05 The Warsaw Concerto
06 Donkey Serenade
07 Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
08 Oh, What It Seemed To Be
09 Some Enchanted Evening
10 Anniversary Song
11 As Time Goes By
12 Riders In The Sky

Record 2:
01 Buttons and Bows
02 Blueberry Hill
03 Linda
04 Laura
05 Peg O' My Heart
06 Symphony
07 You'll Never Know
08 Nature Boy
09 The Last Time I Saw Paris
10 The Bells of St. Mary's
11 Jingle, Jangle, Jingle
12 Now Is The Hour

Orchestras directed by Hal Kanner, Martin Gold

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, my dear. Do you know Roger Williams - Themes From Great Movies (1970)? I can't find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliane, I don't think I have it but I still have 8 crates of records that I have not inventoried. I'll look - it may take a few days. :D

    ReplyDelete